“Do not judge a book by its cover” but what if cover itself says that it’s not from Rowling.
Since 2007, everyone is waiting for the new release from Harry Potter. In 2007, “Deathly Hallows” came and it turned into a blockbuster. It had reached more than 12 million copies. This shows the Potter love from his fans. A great salute to J.K. Rowling who has been there behind all the successful Harry Potter series.
Much awaiting book has finally released. Harry Potter and the cursed child, eighth series contributed in a successful years of J.K. Rowling. In more than 5000 bookstores and libraries, cursed child is being celebrated with lot of enthusiasm and unique styles. They have organized magic shows, live owls and butterbeer, costume contests and what not. It seems like they are celebrating Oscar’s awards or Rajnikanth’s film.
Everyone would just read this book as a new series of Harry Potter but only die-hard fans knows the behind truth. Die-hard fans of Harry Potter are because of the amazing script written by Rowling but this time it was not her script. This book is actually written by Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany. Though she worked on this play and shaped really well but she has made it very clear that
SHE DID NOT WRITE THIS SCRIPT, she merely agreed.
Not only readers expect from Rowling but Ms. Anelli who has organized a midnight release party for huge fans at geeky Con said “The thing that we all always want most from her is a book, but if we’re getting the story in the form of a play, as long as she says it’s the real deal, we’re on board”.
Helen Haslam, who publishes Potter fan fiction at the website Wattpad also said “I’ve spoken to a lot of people who aren’t sure if they’re going to treat it as canon, because J. K. Rowling didn’t write it”.
Well let’s not put up all the efforts in judging whether this book also do wonders or not. According to Barnes and Noble, this is the most heavily pre-ordered book since “Deathly Hallows”.
As this book has reached such milestone, we should know about this a little at least.
What’s inside Cursed Child?
It is all about Harry’s youngest son Albus Severus.
“It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children,” the summary states. “While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.”
Though it’s a book, but we all expect a great movie on this. Undoubtedly, Warner Bros must be thinking on the same. They want to engrave their name as fast as they can. We can expect a new movie soon (Hopefully!)
All the seven Series turned Blockbuster
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone ( 2001 )
- Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets ( 2002 )
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ( 2004 )
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ( 2005 )
- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix ( 2007 )
- Harry Potter and the half-blood Prince ( 2009 )
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ( 2009 )
Beautiful Stories captured here
- The Great Hall of Hogwarts – The studio film set of The Great Hall of Hogwarts was one of the first sets ever created for the series.
- Gryffindor Common room – The Gryffindor Common Room was introduced in the first film.
- Hogwarts Studio Model – A studio model of Hogwarts. It is the main setting in the series; the castle features in every novel and screen adaptation.
- Hall of Christ – The Hall of Christ Church in Oxford, England, the inspiration for the studio film set of The Great Hall of Hogwarts.
- The Riddle’s Gravestone – The Riddles’ Gravestone from Lord Voldemort’s rebirth scene in the fourth film.
- Harry Potter’s cast – Radcliffe, Grint, and Watson were honored outside Grauman’s Chinese Theatre at the Hand, Foot, and Wand Ceremony, Hollywood Walk of Fame, July 2007
- Potter’s Cottage – The Potters’ Cottage from the final film.
Article would be endless if were to include every possible aspects of Harry Potter Series.