Our world has vast history and personalities who have engraved their names on our heart with their unbeatable talent. If we could get even 1 % talent from them, we would have become something else. Like many of the top personalities, one of the greatest writer is William Shakespeare.
William Shakespeare’s best Quotes to remember – England’s National Poet
He was one of the finest playwright, poet and actor who has started his successful career in between 1585 and 1592 in London. He is known as England’s National Poet and “Bard of Avon”. He was born and brought up in Stratford-upon-avon, Warwickshire. It would be really difficult to jot down each and every collaborations of him but approx he played 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems and few other verses. His plays was translated to almost every major living language and this itself has proved his wonderful work.
Some of the pictures of his family and home where he lived.
We have tried to list down some of his best quotes so that people would remember him today through his words.
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
- Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.
- If music be the food of love, play on.
- A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and entrances; and the one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.
- There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
These are one of the top quotes of William Shakespeare that has changed the way of living your life. This is why William Shakespeare is known as National Poet of England. He has won many hearts and inspired lot many people. Still inspiring lot of people to read his poems, quotes, quotations, sonnets and many more.
Some Famous examples of William Shakespeare Quotes and Quotations !
“To be, or not to be: that is the question”. – Hamlet (Act III, Scene I).
“Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry”. – Hamlet (Act I, Scene III).
“This above all: to thine own self be true”. – Hamlet (Act I, Scene III).
“Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him”. – (Act III, Scene II).
“But, for my own part, it was Greek to me”. – (Act I, Scene II).
“The course of true love never did run smooth”. – (Act I, Scene I).
As you can see and agreed that it is nearly impossible to mention all of his best and famous quotes here, so I would ended up in giving useful references which might be a highlight for his die hard fans. ( People might aware of these references )